Fort Funston is one of the best places to hang out with your dog and let them enjoy some off-leash time outdoors and enjoy the scenery.
Fort Funston is located just south of Ocean Beach. A popular dog park and the only park in the GGNRA that allows off-leash dogs. From the big free parking lot, you will see wide open grassy and sandy space with a lot of wandering dogs enjoying a little bit of freedom.
- Trails are interconnected.
- The are two trailheads/park entrance. ( see map )
- Most part of the trail is exposed to sun.
- There are no restrooms in parking lot and trail.
- If possible wear slippers. Shoes and sand don’t mix
- Dogs are allowed off leash.
- No Dog Fee
- Bring a jacket. Most of the time it is windy.
About the Park
- Difficulty: easy ( if going down the beach, the walk back to the parking lot is moderate to strenuous )
- Trail Length: Varies
- No Restrooms
- Bring Water
- [googlemaps https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/embed?mid=179HmyuXRF2pPtkwD76_EPsVfsIU&w=640&h=480]