Dogs on Leash Allowed, North Bay

Mt. Tamalpais Watershed

If you live in Central and Southern Marin County,  chances are the water you consume comes from this reservoir.  Mt. Tamalpais Watershed is a part of Marin Municipal Water District that was formed in 1912 and it is considered as the oldest municipal water district in the state of California.   75 percent of the water that fills the lake comes from rain and the other 25 percent is from Russian river.

With hundreds of miles of trails, the park is often used by hikers, equestrians and it is also a good place to go fishing.

Trail Information:

About the Hike

Although there are a lot of trails to choose from, we did the 5.2-mile loop.

  • Trailhead is located on the parking lot along Bon Tempe Road.
  • Most part of Kent and Stocking trail is shaded by redwood forest.
  • Restroom is located on the right side of the trailhead.
  • During winter season it is recommended to wear waterproof hiking shoes, the trail gets muddy.
  • Dogs are allowed on leash.
  • No Dog Fee

Turn by turn trail directions:

  • Slight right onto Alpine – Bon Tempe Pump Rd – .4 mi
  • Continue onto Kent Trail .8 mi
  • Turn Left to stay on Kent Trail 2.3 mi
  • Slight Left on Stocking Trail 3.2 mi
  • Turn Left onto Rocky Ridge Trail 3.8 mi
  • Slight Right Bon Tempe Dam Rd. 5.2 miles

How To Get Here

Address: 49 Sky Oaks Rd, Fairfax, CA 94930

From Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco, CA

  • US-101 N
  • Take exit 450B toward San Anselmo
  • Merge onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd
  • Turn left onto Pacheco Ave
  • Turn right onto Broadway
  • Turn left onto Bolinas Rd
  • Slight left onto Sky Oaks Rd

Parking:  

20170325_140955_HDR

  • Automated pay station at the right side, after the main gate.  Cash and credit cards are accepted.
  • Parking Fee – $8.00

Good To Know:

Rattlesnakes and ticks are common in this park.